The first-ever Global Africa Forum on Communications (GAFCOMM) is taking place in Kigali, Rwanda from August 21 to 23, 2019 at the Kigali Convention Center. This meeting themed “Speak For Africa: New communications frontier for Africa’s growth story,” is being attended by 400 Executives and 30 speakers from over 20 countries.
This event hosted by TheNerve Africa will be a gathering of Africa’s most influential communicators, marketing professionals, company spokespersons, CEOS, media & policy leaders, journalists, as well as reputable PR, brand and marketing agencies shaping the fortunes and future of the continent through communications.
The event has a line up of global heavyweights and industry leaders in communication and marketing who will be discussing various topics. The sessions are designed to offer participants the most thought-provoking conversations, case studies, global best practices, and challenging takeaways. During the conference, there will also be a creativity festival which will provide a platform to celebrate and showcase the best of Africa’s advertising, led by agencies, media, and marketing technology companies, in an atmosphere synonymous with global creativity festivals like Cannes.
The participants for today’s plenary sessions include:
- Thebe Ikalafeng, Founder, Brand Leadership Group, South Africa
- Wendy Tlou, Group Head, Communications & Brand, Lonmin PLC, South Africa
- Tim Morris, Senior Adviser, Africa Matters Limited, London
- Richard Kiplagat, Managing Director, East Africa, Africa Practice, Kenya
- Andrew Herweg, Manager, 1000 Hills Distillery, Rwanda
- Mimi Kalinda, CEO, Africa Communications Group, South Africa
- Gina Din-Kariuki, CEO/Founder, Gina Din Group. Kenya
- Artur Miranda, Regional Operations Director, Coca-Cola East & Central Africa Franchise
- Marcus Ryder, Chief Editor, CGTN, Beijing, China
- Tomi Oladipo, BBC Africa Security Correspondent
- Eloïne Barry, Founder, Africa Media Agency, New York
- Samira Sawlani, International Journalist, London.
They will be leading discussions on the following topics: “New Horizons for Country Branding,” “Country Reputation and Impact On Local,” “Global Business & Investment Attractiveness” and “How Executives Can Help Drive and Shape Corporate Narrative and Reputation.” There will also be a SPEAK TO AFRICA/GLOBAL MEDIA PANEL and Live audience conversation & multimedia displays.
Click to watch the Opening Ceremony here
Click to watch the Plenary sessions
Click to join the sessions